Small Engine Equipment Technician - Agriculture and Commercial Equipment
Dan R. Equipment – Plantagenet, ON
Start a new challenge with a progressive, locally owned and operated equipment dealership southeast of Ottawa, ON. We sell service and support top-tier leading edge brands including Massey Ferguson, Gehl, Manitou, Grasshopper, Briggs & Stratton, Kawasaki Engines, Kohler Engines, Stihl, Echo and many more...
We believe in providing the highest quality products and services to our clients and are looking for new talent that thrives in a challenging and diverse work environment.
Why join Dan R Equipment?
Dan R Equipment offers an engaging, stimulating, and rewarding workplace. We offer a total compensation package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- Strong base pay
- Unique additional employee perks
- Exceptional group benefits
- Continuous training and development
- Sales and technology tools
We are seeking an individual who is ready to apply their skills as a Small EngineEquipment Technician and develop a strong knowledge of our brands and products.
- Performs other duties as assigned Performs mechanical repairs, tune-ups & routine maintenance on lawn and garden power equipment as well as compact equipment
- Diagnoses problems and determines what repairs are required
- Performs inspections as required
- Assists the Service Manager with customer service
- Assists in educating co-workers of repair procedures
- Provides clear and consistent repair notes
- Participates in technical development training
- Participates in our safety culture
- Extensive Experience with Echo, Stihl, Honda, Shindaiwa, etc…
- Our ideal candidate will possess their Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate
- Must be able to work independently & with a team
- Excellent self-motivation
- Good understanding of new technologies
- Must have great communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Possess a Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to list 50 + Lbs
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and be able to do medium to heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs. 25% of time)
- Work on your feet on a concrete floor several hours per shift (walking, standing and sitting)
- Work 42.5 hours per week with availability for a periodic half day Saturday shift
A strong work ethic, reliability and dependability are key requirements for this position.
Please ensure that your resume indicates how you meet the requirements for this job and provide a short Cover Letter introducing yourself and explaining why you would be a great addition to our company.