Service Writer - Agriculture and Commercial Equipment
Dan R. Equipment — Winchester, ON
Start a new challenge with a progressive, locally owned and operated farm equipment dealership southeast of Ottawa, ON. We sell service and support top-tier leading edge brands including Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Fendt and Gleaner. We believe in providing the highest quality products and services to our clients and are looking for new talent that thrives in a challenging and diverse work environment.
Our service department is looking for a highly organized, energetic individual to fill an immediate opening for a full-time Service Writer. The prime responsibilities of the position will be developing cost quotes for repair, parts ordering for technicians and customer liason. You will be required to maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
Expectations of the Dan R Service Department
DanR Equipment is an expanding agricultural equipment dealership and we are looking for an energetic, organized, and responsible individual to take on the role of the Service Writer. You’ll become part of a team and work closely with the service techs and the parts department. You’ll enjoy competitive pay, great benefits, and being challenged. This job will require a strong memory and excellent communication as well as people skills.
Service Writer is responsible to:
- Communicate with the customers both on the phone and in person
- Fully document the nature of any customer concerns
- Receive all forms of payment and pre-authorize when necessary
- Check for any service bulletins and field campaigns on the equipment in question
- Fill out all Work Orders from customer calls or internal e-mails
- Maintain contact with customer keeping them updated on the status of their equipment
- Get required parts for Service Techs and document them on W/O’s
- Ensure brand required documentation is supplied (ex; PDI reports)
- Work with Service Manager to plan work for Service Techs
- Scheduling service pick-ups and drop offs
- Labelling and storing warranty parts and making sure they are submitted as required
- Ensure W/O’s are fully and properly documented by Service Techs so they are easily understandable by the customer and ready for warranty claims, etc.
- Prepare W/O’s for closing (verify parts, labour descriptions, etc.)
- Taking payment for completed work
- Assist in parts inventory control by assuring all items leaving the parts area are properly billed
- Assist with all warranty claims and manufacturer claim forms
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date and organized service library of bulletins and reference material
- Assist in scheduling and rescheduling of service work
- Assist in resolving work performance or billing inquiries as requested
- Keep service manager informed on all special parts orders, shortages and malfunctions
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times
- Active member of the Dan R Equipment JHSC
- A "Selling" personality
- Strong computer skills; business managements systems and the MS-Office Suite of products
- Strong organizational and people skills to operate in a fast-paced and highly interactive team based environment
- Basic understanding of mechanics
- Ability to follow costing formulas
- Experience in a parts or logistics environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Effective English and French communication (oral and written) skills
- A minimum of a high school diploma
- Ability and qualifications to operate a forklift is an asset
Farm experience and/or experience with agricultural equipment is a strong asset
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and be able to do medium to heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs. 25% of time)
- Work on your feet on a concrete floor several hours per shift (walking, standing and sitting)
- Work 42.5 hours per week with availability for a periodic half day Saturday shift
A strong work ethic, reliability and dependability are key requirements for this position.
Please ensure that your resume indicates how you meet the requirements for this job and provide a short Cover Letter introducing yourself and explaining why you would be a great addition to our company.