Agricultural Parts Manager - Agriculture and Commercial Equipment
Dan R. Equipment — Winchester, ON
Start a new challenge with a progressive, locally owned and operated farm equipment dealership southeast of Ottawa, ON. We sell, service and support top-tier leading edge brands including Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Fendt and Gleaner. We believe in providing the highest quality products and services to our clients and are looking for new talent that thrives in a challenging and diverse work environment.
Are you the right leader to join our Management Team and take our Parts Department to the next level of customer satisfaction and dealership support?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the Parts Department and lead, supervise and direct and all aspects of its operation
- Plan department objectives jointly with dealership senior management
- Ability to work closely and effectively with all dealership departments
- Maintain a high customer satisfaction percentage rating at all times
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to solicit new customers and maximize retention of existing customers
- Maintain a high profitability in all areas and keep all departmental expenses under strict control
- Forecast, target and track monthly sales, profits and expense objectives
- Maintain inventory control including purchasing, selling, stocking, pricing, returning and counting parts
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts to maintain accuracy
- Ensure that aged inventory levels remain very low
- Ensure that stocking mix, fill-rates and inventory turns are adequate
- Recruit, interview, hire and train counter personnel as required
- Ability to Merchandise effectively on a daily basis
- Maintain the showroom floor to efficiently maximize exposure
- Knowledge generally acquired through post-secondary education in Business Acumen (though work experience may be considered as an equivalent)
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft programming; Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Professional written and excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership of challenges with a positive attitude and possess strong problem solving skills to find creative and innovative solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Experience in a management or supervisory role with an excellent ability to lead, manage, problem solve and sell
- Ability to remain calm and focused under all circumstances ensuring that the parts team performs effectively and exceptional service is provided to customers
- Possess a good understanding of agricultural machinery, equipment and culture is an asset
- Previous experience as a Parts Advisor or Inventory Clerk is an asset
- Valid Driver's license
- Bilingualism English/ French an asset, but not essential
Please send your resumé and a cover letter detailing why you believe you would be a genuine asset to our team. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
We thank everyone for their interest, however only qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.